Volunteer at the Christmas Market
Come and join our Christmas Market family! Get to know new people, take part in tradition and get a unique Christmas experience as a volunteer! Every year we put together a team of about 100 volunteers, who would like to make the magic come to life at the market square in December.
Click HERE to register as a volunteer!
- Food and drinks when you are on duty.
- 1 coupon for a free meal in the lavvu for a day you are not working.
- Discount in the lavvu throughout the market period.
- Water bottle/Thermo cup
- Daily lottery of a calendar gift
- Invitation to the volunteer dinner in Januar 2022
- A written job certificate (upon request)
- Those who work more than 5 shifts/days will get a nice surprise from us as well
- Your role as a host outside is to give a good first impression for the vistiors to the Christmas market. As a volunteer in this group, you will be helping with various practical tasks in the outside area. Your main tasks will be keeping the outside area is tidy, waste disposal, preparing the venue for cultural events, and make sure the icy roads are maintained with sand if needed. In addition, you will help take good care of the exhibitors. Twice a day the special backpacks are filled with coffee and served to the exhibitors.
Host inside the lavvu (Lavvoen)
- Your role as a service host inside the Lavvo is to give the guests a good first impression. Make sure the dining area is tidy, that all tables have a menu and lights in the candle holders.
- If guests don’t clean their tables properly, you remove trays and waste and prepare the table for new guests.
- Fill up the self-service table with disposable cutlery, napkins, jams etc.
- Empty the trashcans in the waste sorting station inside the lavvu.
- The hosts in the lavvu consist of volunteers and are led by a team leader in the sales counter.
Bonfire guards (Bålvakt)
- As a bonfire guard you are in charge of one of the two bonfires in the Lavvu. Your task is to keep the fire steady and safe. The firewood will be stacked in the Lavvu in advance.
- You will get a fire safety briefing at the start of your shift. To be a bonfire guard is a nice job, but it is important that you never leave the fire without supervision.
- This is a nice way to see all the exciting things that happens at the Lavvo stage.
Host at the volunteer base
- The festival base is in Hornemannsgården, and volunteers and staff go there to warm up and take breaks when needed. As a host at the festival base, you are responsible of making it a nice place to be. You keep it tidy and clean, serve lunch and refill coffee, tea and other catering as needed.
Frivillig ved Julemarkedet (Volunteer at the Christmas market) Facebookgroup